JUNIOR ASSISTANT DRAFTER
We are looking for an assistant to the fixed furniture design team who will assist in analyzing and evaluating the design projects utilizing knowledge of interior design, decorating and architectural functions.
Junior Assistant Drafter job duties include:
- Working closely with Vice President to assist in providing clients with a comprehensive resource for design ideas including real life and computer sketch design options. raw and plan detailed design layouts and 3D (3dimensional) models
- Assist in sketches to client demands and assists in assessing client needs and modify the design and floor plan accordingly, working with fixed furniture team
- Assist in organizing, communicating with international manufactures and designers regarding design requirements and alterations as needed. When necessary should be able to consult with architects and designers regarding specifications for materials, lighting, furniture and accessories
- Assist in scheduling relevant events for team
- Assist in compiling research into current design industry trends and advise team regarding changes in modern design and the potential impact on our client base
The ideal candidate must have the following qualities:
- Utilize design software including AutoCAD, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, SketchUP and Microsoft Office
- Understanding basic architectural principles
- Interest in interior design
- Highly detail-oriented
- Work independently and creatively with strong follow-through and follow-up (must be proactive) and think ahead to be intuitive with the team's need
- Assist and filter email follow-up to various vendors, clients, project managers, staff
- Calendar all upcoming design events, trade shows, vendor meetings, client meetings, upcoming projects, appointments
- Prepare all meeting material for upcoming appointments
Salary depends on experience. This is a full time position.
Please email your cover letter, resume and portfolio to "email@example.com"